Featured Post

Skype to Me!

Welcome!

Welcome to 3 AM Art

Post Archive

Thursday, December 17, 2015

Welcome Yule!

This past weekend, we took a trip to the top of Massachusetts. We attended my niece's first play. It was also my daughter's first time sitting still in a crowded place with tons of people all listening to their friends or family sing & act. It was a little scary for me, three year old in her own seat, having to hush, for a long period of time. She did amazingly well, flying colors, as they say. No one was more surprised than me. She whispered to me, when she saw where her cousin was and so forth, but she was really good, really quiet.



I snapped a few photos before the event that I'm quite happy with. Been trying to snap my mom and step-father for a while now. The photo (below) is of my son being a meddler or a muggle, as I like to fondly call the three kids. He's supposed to be in the group photo (3rd pic) with his grandparents. But he had his own ideas. I like it, I think it works.





Always nice to have some candid family photos captured. I also did a few more edits once I returned home. Editing some of the photos to black & white, some punching up of the colors, some draining of the color photos too. I always like to do several of each photo. First off it's fun. It's addicting fooling around with lightroom, photoshop and picmonkey. I have GIMP and Photo Director as well. Editing photos is my most favorite thing to do, right after clicking the shutter. Secondly, changing the color or lack of color of a photo really is nice, it gives the images more depth or more warmth. Just so much fun! Fun to look at too.



Sometimes you just capture something that makes your heart sing. The two cousins (above) hugging is just so magical. They haven't been able to see each other in a little while and it shows in their sheer glee at seeing each other again. Love Love love! At the very end of the play, the cast all sang their way up the aisles of the crowd gathered there. My daughter was finally allowed to get up & she went down the steps to her cousin to sing with her & the rest of the cast. That's one of the most favorite memories of that matinee. Just such a special time. <3



A few more BW photos to show how you can completely change the look of a photo taking the color out of it.



Or even black and white and adding other layers over the black & white. Love it! So much fun.



My niece totally happy with her surprise of seeing her Aunty, Uncle, Grandparents and cousins at her first play. <3 We all had a great time! A very enjoyable day. So much love all around! Bring on the Holidays! Can't wait to see more family! TY for checking out my new site! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Holiday too! <3 Heather :)



No comments:

Post a Comment